Sunday, October 7, 2012

...10.7.12...











never underestimate the potential
and power
of the human spirit.

i thank you.
so much.
for your kind words.
i needed them.
i sat as tears rolled down my face.
reading them.
and gaining the strength.
that i know is inside me.
getting back into.
occupational therapy.
laying my hands on people.
i don't know.
allows them to feel safe.
and allows them to open up.
there are many bad things.
out there that happen to people. 
Plato said, “Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” 
if you have been with me.
for any length of time.
you know.
that i choose to just BE.
i choose to be happy.
shame on you  punk for making our son's world hell.
you won't for long.
because he has the power and potential.
in his spirit.
and i pray.
you will find yours.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.


6 comments:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I love the splash of fall colors!

One a more serious and compassionate note-I can understand the level and range of emotions after having someone come and do all that property damage. And the terror that you must feel. I do hope a "no trespassing" sign is now prominent on your property and I do hope a restraining order has been filed on that person. It sounds like a very unstable personality.

Wow. Heartfelt prayers come your way to give all of you the strength you need.

Molly said...

Although I don't comment much, Robin, your blog site is one of my favourites. I have just been catching up with them tonight. Your little piece on 'Yes you can' really struck a chord - it is a frightening world out there - I'm so sorry that your son and your family are having problems with that person. From reading your blog posts, I believe that you are a Christian like me - the words that came to mind were from John 16 v 33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” I hope I haven't spoken out of turn. PS - I love your pictures.

Sherri B. said...

I'm so sorry for what you've been dealing with...I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers.

Leah said...

Loving the beautiful Autumn shots.
I wrote on your last post about how sorry I was for what you are going through...looks as if it didn't save.
Know that my thoughts are with you, and I believe your sentiments to be dead on.
Cheers,
Leah

Margaret Gosden said...

Great compositions as well as a good eye for the detail!

Mya.L said...

I like your pictures, they are beautiful - glad I found your blog!